Saturday, March 22, 2014

JU Admiration and Inspiration

John Updike (1932 – 2009) was an American novelist, poet, short story writer, art critic, and literary critic.


His style of writing and his tales affected me for some time, so in 2004, I wrote to him to express my appreciation and enjoyment of his writing. He wrote back to me and well, I was truly enamored then.
Jeff Underwood's encouragement set me to putting words to paper. I feel John Updike's spirit as it stays near just in case I have a shaky hand when searching for the appropriate words to convey my thoughts.

He would have been 82 this year. I can read him over and over and over, his words remain alive, but it's the man that I miss.


Is is a coincidence that both
John Updike and Jeff Underwood
have the same initials? Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment